Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Father's Heart

I am learning about the Father's Heart in a class that I am taking which focuses on the story of the Prodigal Son. When I think about it & am really honest, I too am a prodigal. My heart's desire is to know God & in my mind I believe that all I need or want flows out of Him. However, I find myself running after this & that, busy & dissatisfied. When I look at the fruits of my efforts, they reveal the true story. Yes, there are times when I experience His Unconditional Love for me & His presence, but I have to ask myself, 'Where is that burning heart that runs after me, embraces & kisses me & gives me His very best as we feast together'. I cry out for Him & He answers me & lately, He has been visiting me in the night. Singing over me, healing my longing heart, bringing His Shalom & Peace. "He satisfies the longing soul & fills PJ's hungry soul with good." Psalm 107:9

No comments:

Post a Comment