Tuesday, January 6, 2009

How does one attain "riches & honor"? 1 Kings 3:3-15 tells of Solomon's love for the Lord, and how the Lord appeared to him in a dream. And God said, "Ask what I shall give you." And Solomon replied, "Give Your servant an understanding mind and a hearing heart...that I may discern between good and bad". This pleased the Lord so God said to Solomon, "Because you have asked this and have not asked for long life or riches, nor the lives of your enemies but have asked for yourself understanding to recognize what is just and right, Behold, I have done as you asked, I have given you a wise, discerning mind...AND, I have given you what you have not asked, both riches and honor...". .
This is my Proclomation for 2009, to have "an undertanding mind and hearing heart...that PJ may discern between good and evil". Will I receive "riches and honor"? I believe I will as long as I ask with my whole heart, and keep on asking.
Isn't it amazing that God asks each of us every day, hour and minute, "Ask what I shall give you." What is it that you are asking God to give you today, PJ?

No comments:

Post a Comment