Monday, January 12, 2009

When Esther was given, through Mordecai, the Decree to Destroy her people the Jews, that he might show her and charge her to go to the King, make supplication to him and plead with him for the lives of her people, she feared for her life. "Any person, be it man or woman, who shall go into the inner court to the king without being called shall be put to death." Then Mordecai answered, "Do not flatter yourself that you should escape in the king's palace more than any other Jew. For if you keep silent...you and your father's house shall perish. Who knows but that you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this and for this very occasion?"
Esther became Queen the moment she called for a three day fast and said these words, "Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law; and if I perish, I perish."
I, too, have been born for such a time as this. I like, Esther, will be faced with standing for what I believe, what will I DO? As the story concludes, Esther obtained favor in the king's sight and he held out the scepter..."So Esther drew near and touched the tip of the scepter. Then the king said to her, 'What will you have Queen Esther? What is your request? It shall be given you, even to half the kingdom.'"
Is it worth stepping beyond my fear into the "king's court" whatever it may be? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment